- DMCA Policy
- Social Media Policy
- Informational Use & Notice of Errors
- Alarm Monitoring Service Agreement
Digital Millennium Copyright Act Notice for https://AlarmTransfer.com and all associated subdomains and marketing URLs
Last Updated: November, 2015
Takedown Policy and Procedures
AlarmTransfer dba AlarmTransfer.com respects the intellectual property rights of others just as it expects third parties to respect its rights. Pursuant to Digital Millennium Copyright Act, Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c), a copyright owner or their agent may submit a takedown notice to us via our DMCA Agent listed below. As an internet service provider, we are entitled to claim immunity from said infringement claims pursuant to the “safe harbor” provisions of the DMCA. To submit a good faith infringement claim to us, you must submit notice to us that sets forth the following information:
Notice of Infringement – Claim
A physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner (or someone authorized to act on behalf of the owner);
Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed;
Identification of the infringing material to be removed, and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material. [Please submit the URL of the page in question to assist us in identifying the allegedly offending work];
Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact the complaining party including your name, physical address, email address, phone number and fax number;
A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that the use of the material is unauthorized by the copyright agent; and
A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
Title 17 USC §512(f) provides civil damage penalties, including costs and attorney fees, against any person who knowingly and materially misrepresents certain information in a notification of infringement under 17 USC §512(c)(3).
Send all takedown notices to the following. Please send by email for prompt attention.
c/o DMCA AGENT
3334 W. Main Street, Suite 376
Norman, OK 73072
United States of America
Counter Notification – Restoration of Material
If you have received a notice of material being takedown because of a copyright infringement claim, you may provide us with a counter notification in an effort to have the material in question restored to the site. Said notification must be given in writing to our DMCA Agent and must contain substantially the following elements pursuant to 17 USC Section 512(g)(3):
Your physical or electronic signature.
A description of the material that has been taken down and the original location of the material before it was taken down.
A statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
Your name, address, and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the federal district court for the judicial district in which the address is located (or if you are outside of the United States, that you consent to jurisdiction of any judicial district in which the service provider may be found), and that the you will accept service of process from the person or company who provided the original infringement notification.
Email your counter notice to our DMCA Agent: Lee Stauss at firstname.lastname@example.org for prompt action or send to:
c/o DMCA AGENT
3334 W. Main Street, Suite 376
Norman, OK 73072
United States of America.
Again, email is encouraged for quick action.
Repeat Infringer Policy
AlarmTransfer takes copyright infringement very seriously. Pursuant to the repeat infringer policy requirements of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act, AlarmTransfer maintains a list of DMCA notices from its copyright holders with its registered DMCA Agent. The company makes a good faith effort to identify any repeat infringers on this list pursuant to the safe harbor requirements of the DMCA.
AlarmTransfer reserves the right to modify the contents of this page and its policy for handling DMCA claims at any time for any reason. You are encouraged to check back to review this policy frequently for any changes.
Social Media Policy for https://AlarmTransfer.com and all associated subdomains and marketing URLs
Last Updated: November, 2015
This information and advice published or made available through this web site is not intended to replace the services of a physician, nor does it constitute a doctor-patient relationship. Information on this web site is provided for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for professional medical advice.
We encourage your comments on AlarmTransfer’s various blogs, and hope you will join the discussions. We can’t respond to every comment, particularly those that deal with individual medical cases and issues. We review comments before they’re posted, and those that are off-topic or clearly promoting a commercial product generally won’t make the cut. We also expect a basic level of civility; disagreements are fine, but mutual respect is a must, and profanity or abusive language are out-of-bounds.
That’s the plain English version. Here it is in legal language:
By posting any comments, posts or other material on AlarmTransfer-sponsored blogs, you give AlarmTransfer the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by AlarmTransfer in its sole discretion.
Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
Impersonate another person.
Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
Post the same note more than once or “spam.”
AlarmTransfer reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify AlarmTransfer against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted.
Last Update: July 10th, 2016
3. USE OF SOFTWARE. Company may make certain software available to you from the Site. If you download software from the Site, the software, including all files and images contained in or generated by the software, and accompanying data (collectively, “Software”) are deemed to be licensed to you by Company, for your personal, noncommercial, home use only. Company does not transfer either the title or the intellectual property rights to the Software, and Company retains full and complete title to the Software as well as all intellectual property rights therein. You may not sell, redistribute, or reproduce the Software, nor may you decompile, reverse-engineer, disassemble, or otherwise convert the Software to a human-perceivable form. All trademarks and logos are owned by Company or its licensors and you may not copy or use them in any manner.
4. USER CONTENT. You grant Company a license to use the materials you post to the Site or Service. By posting, downloading, displaying, performing, transmitting, or otherwise distributing information or other content (“User Content”) to the Site or Service, you are granting Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives a license to use User Content in connection with the operation of the Internet business of Company, its affiliates, officers, directors, employees, consultants, agents, and representatives, including without limitation, a right to copy, distribute, transmit, publicly display, publicly perform, reproduce, edit, translate, and reformat User Content. You will not be compensated for any User Content. You agree that Company may publish or otherwise disclose your name in connection with your User Content. By posting User Content on the Site or Service, you warrant and represent that you own the rights to the User Content or are otherwise authorized to post, distribute, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute User Content.
5. COMPLIANCE WITH INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAWS. When accessing the Site or using the Service, you agree to obey the law and to respect the intellectual property rights of others. Your use of the Service and the Site is at all times governed by and subject to laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property. You agree not to upload, download, display, perform, transmit, or otherwise distribute any information or content (collectively, “Content”) in violation of any third party’s copyrights, trademarks, or other intellectual property or proprietary rights. You agree to abide by laws regarding copyright ownership and use of intellectual property, and you shall be solely responsible for any violations of any relevant laws and for any infringements of third party rights caused by any Content you provide or transmit, or that is provided or transmitted using your User ID. The burden of proving that any Content does not violate any laws or third party rights rests solely with you.
7. COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Company has in place certain legally mandated procedures regarding allegations of copyright infringement occurring on the Site or with the Service. Please visit our DMCA Policy link at the bottom of the site pages to view our Digital Millennium Copyright Act takedown policies and to make a claim of infringement. Company’s DMCA Policy is expressly incorporated into this Agreement by this reference.
9. NO WARRANTIES. COMPANY HEREBY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES. COMPANY IS MAKING THE SITE AVAILABLE “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. YOU ASSUME THE RISK OF ANY AND ALL DAMAGE OR LOSS FROM USE OF, OR INABILITY TO USE, THE SITE OR THE SERVICE. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, COMPANY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY AND ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, REGARDING THE SITE, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NONINFRINGEMENT. COMPANY DOES NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL MEET YOUR REQUIREMENTS OR THAT THE OPERATION OF THE SITE OR THE SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE.
10. LIMITED LIABILITY. COMPANY’S LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT SHALL COMPANY BE LIABLE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND (INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOST PROFITS, OR LOST DATA, REGARDLESS OF THE FORESEEABILITY OF THOSE DAMAGES) ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH YOUR USE OF THE SITE OR ANY OTHER MATERIALS OR SERVICES PROVIDED TO YOU BY COMPANY. This limitation shall apply regardless of whether the damages arise out of breach of contract, tort, or any other legal theory or form of action.
12. PROHIBITED USES. Company imposes certain restrictions on your permissible use of the Site and the Service. You are prohibited from violating or attempting to violate any security features of the Site or Service, including, without limitation, (a) accessing content or data not intended for you, or logging onto a server or account that you are not authorized to access; (b) attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of the Service, the Site, or any associated system or network, or to breach security or authentication measures without proper authorization; (c) interfering or attempting to interfere with service to any user, host, or network, including, without limitation, by means of submitting a virus to the Site or Service, overloading, “flooding,” “spamming,” “mail bombing,” or “crashing;” (d) using the Site or Service to send unsolicited e-mail, including, without limitation, promotions, or advertisements for products or services; (e) forging any TCP/IP packet header or any part of the header information in any e-mail or in any posting using the Service; or (f) attempting to modify, reverse-engineer, decompile, disassemble, or otherwise reduce or attempt to reduce to a human-perceivable form any of the source code used by Company in providing the Site or Service. Any violation of system or network security may subject you to civil and/or criminal liability.
14. COPYRIGHT. All contents of Site or Service are: Copyright © 2015
AlarmTransfer, 405-561-2291, 3334 W. Main Street, Suite 376
NOrman, OK 73072
United States of America. All rights reserved.
17. NO LICENSE. Nothing contained on the Site should be understood as granting you a license to use any of the trademarks, service marks, or logos owned by Company or by any third party.
18. OKLAHOMA USE ONLY. The Site is controlled and operated by Company from its offices in the State of Oklahoma. Company makes no representation that any of the materials or the services to which you have been given access are available or appropriate for use in other locations. Your use of or access to the Site should not be construed as Company’s purposefully availing itself of the benefits or privilege of doing business in any state or jurisdiction other than Oklahoma.
Notice of Information Use Only & Errors for https://AlarmTransfer.com and all associated subdomains and marketing URLs
Last Update: July 10th, 2016
INFORMATIONAL ONLY. The statistical information displayed in this Site is susceptible to some degree of error and is only as accurate as the sources from which the information has been obtained. No warranty, representation, or guarantee whatsoever is made or implied regarding the content, accuracy (including, without limitation, geographic accuracy), timeliness, completeness, or sequence of any of the information contained in this Site. Neither you, nor any other person, should rely on the data provided herein for any reason; the owners and operators of this Site as well as all directors, officers, employees, agents, and affiliates of AlarmTransfer shall not be held responsible for any errors or omissions in this Site or produced by any secondary dissemination of this information. The owners and operators of this Site have not assessed any specific risk that any identified offender of any sort, persons or entity, suspected, convicted, or otherwise of any offense, will commit another offense or the nature of any future crime that may be committed. Furthermore, Persons should not rely on the sex offender information in this Site, if any, as a safeguard against perpetrators of sexual assault in their communities. Any information on this Site is provided strictly for informational purposes and has been obtained for AlarmTransfer’s business purposes.
NOTICE OF ERRORS. If you believe that any information on this Site is in error, please be advised that we receive all of our information through state or local authorities and other reporting and statistical sources. This Site strives to include only that information which is deemed to be reliable. Thus you should contact your local police or sheriff’s department; such authorities will be able to assist you directly or refer you to another appropriate authority to obtain more accurate or updated information pertaining specific to you.
Last Updated: November, 2015
At https://AlarmTransfer.com, we recognize that privacy of your personal information is important. Here is information on what types of personal information we receive and collect when you visit the site, and how we safeguard your information. We will never sell your personal information to third parties. Okay, here is what you need to know.
1.2. NOTICE CONCERNING CHILDREN
PLEASE NOTE: We are a general audience site, and do not direct any of our content specifically at children under 13 years of age. We understand and are committed to respecting the sensitive nature of children’s privacy online. If we learn or have reason to suspect that a Site user is under age 13, we will promptly delete any personal information in that user’s account.
INFORMATION COLLECTION PRACTICES
2.1. WHAT BASIC INFORMATION DOES THE COMPANY COLLECT?
In operating the Site, Company may include newsletters, online commenting areas, and other online forms that ask users to provide their names, e-mail addresses, and other contact information.
2.2. WHAT ADDITIONAL INFORMATION DOES COMPANY COLLECT?
(a) AUTOMATIC COLLECTION. Our servers automatically recognize visitors’ domain names and IP addresses (the number assigned to computers on the Internet). No personal information about you is revealed in this process. The Site may also gather anonymous “traffic data” that does not personally identify you, but that may be helpful for marketing purposes or for improving the services we offer.
(b) COOKIES. From time to time, we may use the standard “cookies” feature of major browser applications that allows us to store a small piece of data on your computer about your visit to our Web site. Cookies help us learn which areas of our site are useful and which areas need improvement. You can choose whether to accept cookies by changing the settings on your browser. However, if you choose to disable this function, your experience at our Web site may be diminished and some features may not work as they were intended.
USE AND SHARING OF INFORMATION
3.1. WHAT DOES COMPANY DO WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION?
(a) PERSONAL INFORMATION. We will not share your personal information with any third parties without your consent, except as necessary to provide you with the services offered by us or to comply with the law. We will use your information as a greater collection of data related to the site in traffic discussions in articles posted on the blog. No individual users visit, whether you or another visitor, are discussed. The aggregate data is used for education purposes only and no reader of the article will be able to identify you.
(b) ANONYMOUS INFORMATION. We use anonymous information to analyze our Site traffic. In addition, we may use anonymous IP addresses to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our site, or to display the content according to your preferences. Traffic and transaction information may also be shared with business partners and advertisers on an aggregate and anonymous basis.
(d) DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION. We may disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (1) conform to the edicts of the law or comply with legal process served on Company or its parent company, subsidiaries or affiliates, (2) protect and defend the rights or property of Company or the users of the Site, or (3) act under exigent circumstances to protect the safety of the public or users of the Site.
(e) SALE OF INFORMATION. In order to accommodate changes in our business, we may sell or buy portions of our company or other companies or assets, including the information collected through this Web site. If Company or substantially all of its assets are acquired, customer information will be one of the assets transferred to the acquirer.
(f) ACCESS TO INFORMATION. Unfortunately, we do not maintain any procedures for you to review or request changes to the information that we collect about you, except that you may request that we remove all information about you from our database by contacting us in accordance with Section 6.1 below.
The Site has security measures in place to prevent the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information that we obtain from you, but we make no assurances about our ability to prevent any such loss, misuse, to you or to any third party arising out of any such loss, misuse, or alteration.
WEBSITE AREAS BEYOND COMPANY’S CONTROL
5.1. PUBLIC COMMENTS
The Site may include interactive sections such as commenting areas where visitors to the site can post comments. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when deciding to disclose your personal information.
5.2. THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
The Site contains links to other websites. If you choose to visit other websites, we have no control over the privacy practices or content of those other websites, and it is your responsibility to review the privacy policies at those websites to confirm that you understand and agree with their policies.
CONTACT INFORMATION AND POLICY UPDATES
6.1. CONTACTING US
If you have any questions about this Policy, our practices related to this Site, or if you would like to have us remove your information from our database please feel contact us at the following:
3334 W. Main Street, Suite 376
Norman, OK 73072
United States of America
6.2. UPDATES AND CHANGES
We reserve the right, at any time, to add to, change, update, or modify this Policy, simply by posting such change, update, or modification on the Site and without any other notice to you. Any such change, update, or modification will be effective immediately upon posting on the Site. It is your responsibility to review this Policy from time to time to ensure that you continue to agree with all of its terms.
Alarm Monitoring Service Agreement for https://AlarmTransfer.com and all associated subdomains and marketing URLs
Last Updated: December 05, 2016
By checking “Do you accept our terms and conditions” during your order, you will be bound to the following:
1) All terms and policies located at https://alarmtransfer.com/terms, including the limited liability clause (below) which is a part of this Alarm Monitoring Service Agreement.
2) The terms and conditions and other information regarding services and products provided on the page where you selected your services.
“AlarmTransfer” or “we”, “us” or “our” refers to AlarmTransfer, Inc. “Subscriber”, “You” or “your” refers to the person or entity that is the customer of record. PLEASE READ THIS AGREEMENT CAREFULLY TO ENSURE THAT YOU UNDERSTAND EACH PROVISION. This is an agreement between you and AlarmTransfer for the purpose of providing monitoring of the security alarm system which you already own at the address supplied by you. You understand that “monitoring service,” means only that AlarmTransfer, Inc. will react to signals received by us from the security alarm system you already have at your premises.
- WARRANT: Subscriber represents and warrants that the Subscriber’s identity and contact information provided during checkout is accurate, and that the Subscriber is age 18 or older and otherwise competent and authorized to enter into the agreement.
- ELECTRONIC FORMAT: Subscriber agrees to enter into this agreement in electronic format pursuant to the federal Electronic Signatures in Global and National Commerce Act and the Uniform Electronic Transactions Act, if in effect in Subscriber’s state, or any other comparable law. The Subscriber consents to the entering into and the storage of this agreement in electronic form. The Subscriber may withdraw this consent, but only if he or she first provides written notice to AlarmTransfer, Inc. and also first provides AlarmTransfer, Inc. with an original ink signature on a paper copy of this agreement.
- SET-UP FEE: Subscriber understands and agrees that the SET-UP FEE IS NON-REFUNDABLE and will be charged on “transfer plans” and only if a programming appointment is successful and we are receiving signals from your alarm system. Subscriber further agrees that the set-up fee is not determined by the actual duration of appointment. The set-up fee will be charged one time per alarm panel and will not be charged for any subsequent appointments made to complete same panel programming after the initial appointment. The Subscriber is responsible for notifying AlarmTransfer, Inc. of any appointment cancellation or schedule change 24 hours prior to the appointment time.
- COMMENCEMENT, RENEWAL, TERMS: Service will commence when AlarmTransfer, Inc. at its monitoring center has received test signals from your premises and both AlarmTransfer, Inc. and Subscriber agrees that such signals have been satisfactorily transmitted and received. This agreement shall automatically renew each month until AlarmTransfer, Inc. or Subscriber indicates termination via Email or in writing. Subscriber may terminate this agreement by notifying AlarmTransfer, Inc., 30 days in advance of cancellation, via Email, Fax, or US Mail.
- PAYMENT: In the event that Subscriber has provided a credit card as the method of payment, AlarmTransfer, Inc. shall, at the start of the billing plan period OR on the first day of the month of the anniversary of the receipt of satisfactory test signals or the expiration of any free months monitoring service granted, whichever is later, charge Subscriber’s credit card in the amount stated on the bill, and AlarmTransfer, Inc. will provide monitoring service for the length of the billing plan term. Should the charge to Subscriber’s credit card be declined, AlarmTransfer, Inc. will notify Subscriber by E-mail, telephone, or letter by US Mail. In the event that Subscriber has provided a bank account number, either checking or savings, as method of payment, then AlarmTransfer, Inc. shall, at the start of the billing plan period OR on the first day of the month of the anniversary of the receipt of satisfactory test signals or the expiration of any free months monitoring service granted, whichever is later, create a debit instrument to Subscriber’s bank account in the amount stated on the bill, and provide monitoring service for the length of the billing plan term. Should funds not be available from Subscriber’s bank account, AlarmTransfer, Inc. will notify Subscriber by E-mail, telephone or letter by US Mail. In the event the Subscriber fails to make payments required by this agreement when due, AlarmTransfer, Inc, may at its election declare a breach and accelerate the contractual obligations hereunder. AlarmTransfer, Inc shall be entitled, in the event of default, to the immediate payment of all sums then due together with all damages due AlarmTransfer, Inc for the balance of the initial or any renewal term of this agreement. Subscriber is to receive no refund if Subscriber terminates this agreement prior to the end of the term period.
- N.F.P.A. UL FIRE STANDARDS – for Commercial Fire Alarm System Customers Only
Subscriber understands that a system which they are self-installing may not be in compliance with the UL Fire Standards, as set forth by the NFPA. Subscriber understands that in the event that they are required by their local authorities having jurisdiction to have a UL-approved fire system, they will need to switch to a UL-approved fire control panel. AlarmTransfer, Inc. agrees to monitor fire signals for the system covered by this agreement, but AlarmTransfer, Inc. is not responsible for the operation of the system, installation of the system, or the ability of the system to successfully transmit fire signals to our Central Monitoring Station. Subscriber agrees to hold AlarmTransfer, Inc. harmless for any damages that result from the fire system’s inability to function. Subscriber understands that AlarmTransfer, Inc has, in good faith, notified them that their fire system should be in compliance with UL and NFPA Fire Standards. Typical procedures for monitoring UL-approved fire systems require daily timer tests which are available to Subscriber at an additional cost.
- IP and VoIP SERVICE CUSTOMERS: Subscriber understands that any signals sent over Internet Protocol (IP), including Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) and may not transmit emergency signals to AlarmTransfer Inc’s Central Monitoring Station or to 911 emergency services. In the event that signals are not transmitted, Subscriber understands that emergency dispatch may not occur. Subscriber’s using Internet Protocol (IP) or Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) communications are encouraged to utilize a cellular/radio communication device or a basic telephone land line to ensure alarm signal transmission.
- EQUIPMENT: Subscriber understands that AlarmTransfer, Inc. agrees to monitor a security system owned by Subscriber and not installed by or designed (electronically engineered/manufactured) by AlarmTransfer, Inc. AlarmTransfer, Inc. makes no representation as to suitability or condition of Subscriber’s system. AlarmTransfer, Inc. assumes no responsibility whatsoever for the maintenance, operation or non-operation, actuation or non-actuation, of your existing or new equipment. AlarmTransfer, Inc. reserves the right to terminate service under this Agreement in the event your existing equipment is not in good operating condition and AlarmTransfer, Inc. will not be liable for any damages or penalties as a result of termination under those circumstances.
- SERVICE:Subscriber acknowledges that if AlarmTransfer, Inc. utilizes a digital communicator for the purposes of sending alarm signals from Subscriber’s premises to AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s Central Station, that the signals from Subscriber’s alarm system are sent over Subscriber’s regular telephone lines, Voice over IP service, broadband Internet connection, LLR (long range radio), GSM or CDMA cellular phone network, or other transmission mediums provided by others to AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s Central Monitoring Station, and in the event that the service Subscriber has elected to use for the purpose of transmitting alarm signals is out of order, disconnected, placed on vacation or otherwise interrupted, signals from Subscriber’s alarm system will not be received in AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s Central Monitoring Station during any such interruption and the interruption will not be known to AlarmTransfer, Inc. Subscriber further acknowledges and agrees that signals that are transmitted over these services are wholly beyond the control and jurisdiction of AlarmTransfer, Inc. and are maintained and serviced by the applicable service provider.
- INSTALLATION & REFERRAL OF LOCAL TECHNICIANS: While many of AlarmTransfer’s customers like to install/mount their alarm system hardware on their own (DIY, Do-It-Yourself) we recognize that others may prefer to have a technician install/mount their alarm system for them. At the request of the Subscriber, AlarmTransfer, Inc. can connect technicians in Subscriber’s area to the Subscriber. These technicians are independent contractors and are not employed by AlarmTransfer. As such, AlarmTransfer, Inc. cannot guarantee availability of installation or other technician services in the Subscriber’s area. While AlarmTransfer, Inc. does it’s best to vet any sub-contracted technician, it does not guarantee the accuracy of any background checks or directly verify if the technician is properly licensed and/or insured to conduct business within the Subscriber’s service area.AlarmTransfer, Inc. provides this installation/service connection as a courtesy and furthermore will handle the billing of such services as a courtesy between the Subscriber and any contracted technicians. AlarmTransfer, Inc. bills $45/hour plus a $65 Service Call Fee for onsite visits. Typically alarm installations for systems with wireless sensors and keypads will take approximately 2 hours plus travel time. While AlarmTransfer, Inc. wants Subscribers to be satisfied with the work of the technician, and will do it’s best to ensure Subscriber is satisfied, AlarmTransfer, Inc. cannot be held responsible for the technician or their work. Phone support for hardware related issues, such as but not limited to hardware connectivity, reprogramming, and other remote fixes will be billed at $25/hour, no Service Call Fee. AlarmTransfer, Inc. does not charge for support of monitoring service.
- INSURANCE:AlarmTransfer, Inc. encourages its Subscribers to carry adequate insurance to safeguard their valuables. Adequate insurance would compensate Subscriber’s losses including but not limited to losses due to burglary, hold up and fire in case of transmission problems due to severance of telephone lines or due to development of shorts or grounds, which may affect the system and the transmission of signals to AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s Central Monitoring Station. Electronic alarm systems are not foolproof. They do not replace insurance.
ALARMTRANSFER, INC. OPERATORS ARE LICENSED AND REGULATED BY THE OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF LABOR. ANY QUESTIONS CONCERNING AN ALARMTRANSFER, INC. OPERATOR MAY BE REFERRED TO THE COMMISSIONER OF LABOR, OKLAHOMA DEPARTMENT OF LABOR, HTTPS://WWW.OK.GOV/ODOL/CONTACT_INFORMATION/.
- WARRANTY: AlarmTransfer, Inc. makes no express or implied warranties as to any matter whatsoever, including, without limitation, the condition of the equipment, its merchantability or its fitness for any particular use.
- SYSTEM TESTING: Subscriber agrees to carefully and properly test and set system daily, including walk test if movement detection devices are installed, and will notify AlarmTransfer, Inc. promptly on any operating defect. Automatic daily timer testing service is available for an additional cost.
- NOTIFICATION: SUBSCRIBER AGREES TO IMMEDIATELY NOTIFY AlarmTransfer, INC. IN WRITING OF ANY SYSTEM CHANGES THAT WOULD AFFECT THE TRANSMISSION OF SIGNALS TO THE AlarmTransfer, INC CENTRAL MONITORING STATION. Changes to be notified include, but are not limited to, telephone number changes, signal transmission service provider changes, alarm panel replacement or disconnection, peripheral installation that affects alarm communication, or equipment loss or damage that prevents alarm communication.
- RECONNECTION: A reconnect charge is to be paid by Subscriber if alarm is cut off because of a past due balance and Subscriber desires it reconnected. Subscriber is to receive no credit if system is temporarily cut off or out of service for any reason.
- AlarmTransfer, Inc. IS NOT AN INSURER; LIQUIDATED DAMAGES; LIMITATION OF LIABILITY: It is understood and agreed: That AlarmTransfer, Inc. is not an insurer: that insurance, if any, shall be obtained by the Subscriber: that the payments provided herein are based solely on the value of the services set forth herein and are unrelated to the value of the Subscriber’s property or the property of others located on Subscriber’s premises; that AlarmTransfer, Inc. makes no guaranty or warranty, including any implied warranty of merchantability of fitness that the equipment or services supplied will avert or prevent occurrences or the consequences there from which the system or service is designed to detect or avert. Subscriber acknowledges that it is impractical and extremely difficult to fix the actual damages, if any, which may proximately result from a failure to perform any of the obligations herein, or the failure of the system to properly operate with resulting loss to Subscriber because of, among other things:a) The uncertain amount or value of Subscriber’s property or the property of others kept on the premises which may be lost, stolen, destroyed, damaged or otherwise affected by occurrences which the system or service is designed to detect or avert;
b) The uncertainty of the response time of any police or fire department, should they be dispatched as a result of a signal from or at premises;
c) The inability to ascertain what portion, if any, of any loss would be proximately caused by AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s failure to perform or by its equipment to operate;
d) The nature of the service to be performed by AlarmTransfer, Inc.
- LIMITED LIABILITY: Subscriber understands and agrees that if AlarmTransfer, Inc. should be found liable for loss or damage due to failure of AlarmTransfer, Inc. to perform any of the obligations herein, including but not limited to installation, maintenance, monitoring or service, or the failure of the system or equipment in any respect whatsoever, AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s liability shall be limited to a sum equal to the total of Two Hundred Fifty ($250.00) Dollars as liquidated damages and not as a penalty and this liability shall be exclusive; and that the provisions of this Section shall apply if loss or damage, irrespective of cause of origin, results directly or indirectly to persons or property, from performance or non-performance of the obligations imposed by this contract, or from negligence, active or otherwise, of AlarmTransfer, Inc., its agents, assigns or employees.
- FINES, TAXES, FEES: Any applicable taxes, sales taxes, permit fees, false alarm fees or assessments with regard to Subscriber’s alarm system or the monitoring thereof, are the responsibility of the Subscriber. If excessive false alarms are caused by carelessness, malicious, or unintended use of the alarm system, AlarmTransfer, Inc. may, at its sole discretion, deem same to be a material breach of contract on part of Subscriber and may be excused from further performance. Subscriber agrees to eliminate conditions or factors interfering with the proper operation of installed devices or which may cause false alarms.
- DISPATCH: In the event of an alarm signal from premises, AlarmTransfer, Inc. agrees to transmit it to local police, fire department or persons designated by Subscriber. Subscriber hereby authorizes AlarmTransfer, Inc., at AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s discretion, to cause the arrest of anyone found on the premises without authority to enter and cause him to be held until released by Subscriber or his representative. In the event local authorities refuse to respond to an alarm signal at the premises, AlarmTransfer will notify Subscriber. AlarmTransfer, Inc. will attempt to reach Subscriber until an approved member of the call list is contacted. In the event we cannot reach an approved member of the call list, leaving a voice mail or recorded message constitutes sufficient notification by AlarmTransfer, Inc. to Subscriber.
- SYSTEM DISCONNECTION: AlarmTransfer, Inc. is to be kept informed in writing by Subscriber of daily and holiday opening and closing schedule, if applicable, and of all persons authorized to enter premises during closed hours or who may be called in the event of an alarm signal from or at premises. Subscriber hereby authorizes AlarmTransfer, Inc. to manually or automatically disconnect system, if so ordered by a public official or regulation or for nuisance or electrical reasons or if AlarmTransfer, Inc. is unable to notify Subscriber at emergency number listed or if Subscriber declines, or fails to arrive at premises within 30 minutes after notification. Subscriber agrees to hold AlarmTransfer, Inc. harmless and to indemnify AlarmTransfer, Inc. for any loss or liability that may result from turning off the system.
- INCREASE IN OPERATING EXPENSES:
a) AlarmTransfer, Inc. shall have the right, at renewal of service, to increase the monthly charges provided herein, to reflect any additional taxes, licenses, permits, fees or charges which hereafter may be imposed on AlarmTransfer, Inc. by any utility or governmental agency relating to the service provided under the terms of the Agreement and Subscriber agrees to pay the same.
b) So that AlarmTransfer, Inc. may properly adjust its rates to meet changing service and maintenance costs, and notwithstanding the terms and conditions set forth herein, after the of a billing cycle, AlarmTransfer, Inc. may at any time, increase the monthly service charge upon giving the Subscriber notice in writing. If Subscriber is unwilling to pay the increased monthly charge, Subscriber must notify AlarmTransfer, Inc. in writing within thirty (30) days from the date of notice of the increase. Subscriber’s failure to notify AlarmTransfer, Inc. within said thirty (30) days shall constitute Subscriber’s consent to the increase.
- DISHONORED CHECKS AND OTHER INSTRUMENTS: AlarmTransfer, Inc. will charge you $30.00 or the highest amount allowed by law, whichever is less, for any check or other instrument (including credit card chargebacks) tendered by you and returned unpaid by a financial institution for any reason. You agree to reimburse us the fees of any collections agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 35% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorney’s fees, we incur in such collections.
- CHARGES AND DISPUTES: The Subscriber is responsible for paying all charges for or resulting from services provided under the Agreement. You will receive invoices that are due in full as shown. You must, within 100 days if the date of the bill, notify us in writing at AlarmTransfer, Inc., of any dispute you have with respect to the bill, including any charges on the bill and any service we provided for which you were billed, or you will have waived your right to dispute the bill or such services and to bring, or participate, any legal action raising any such dispute.
- SEVERABILITY AND INVALID PROVISIONS: If any terms or provisions of this Agreement shall be determined to be invalid or inoperative, all of the remaining terms and provisions shall remain in full force and effect.
- LIABILITY: AlarmTransfer, Inc. assumes no liability for failure to perform because of labor trouble, riots, floods, acts of God, or any catastrophe or condition beyond its control and is not required to perform service while any such condition exists. AlarmTransfer, Inc. shall have the right to cancel an existing agreement without or with notice in the event the Subscriber’s telephone company discontinues certain grades of telephone lines, or if Subscriber’s transmission service provider ceases service for reason, or if Subscriber’s premises including telephone lines or AlarmTransfer, Inc.’s Central Monitoring Station should be destroyed by fire or any calamity.
- APPLICABLE LAW: This Agreement shall be governed by the laws of the State of Oklahoma.
- CAPTIONS & FORMATING: The captions and formatting used in this Agreement are for the convenience of the parties only and will not be interpreted to enlarge, contract, or alter the terms and provisions of this Agreement.
- ASSIGNABILITY OF AGREEMENT: This agreement is not assignable by Subscriber without written consent of AlarmTransfer, Inc. AlarmTransfer, Inc. shall have the right to assign this agreement or subcontract any of the services it may perform. There are no verbal understandings changing or modifying this agreement.
- PRINTING & SAVING: The Subscriber has the right to request a paper copy of this agreement from AlarmTransfer, Inc. at any time, at no charge. Such request may be made in writing or by contacting AlarmTransfer, Inc. at 405-561-2291. The Subscriber may print a copy of this agreement before submitting it to AlarmTransfer, Inc. The Subscriber may also save this agreement in Adobe PDF format.